It’s that time of year again when the dust starts to settle on your Macbook’s screen and it starts to feel a little bit dirty. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get your Macbook looking and feeling like new again:
#1. Get a microfiber cloth or a lint-free cloth and use it to clean the screen.
A microfiber cloth or a lint-free cloth is the best way to clean the screen, as it won’t leave any streaks or smears. Simply wipe the cloth over the screen in a gentle, circular motion. If you need to remove any stubborn dirt or fingerprints, you can use a little bit of distilled water on the cloth.
#2. Use a can of compressed air to clean the dust and little bits of debris that may have built up over time.
This is one of the best Mac tips to improve the Macbook’s performance and make it look like new again.
To use compressed air on your Macbook:
- Turn your Mac off and unplug it.
- Then, hold the can upright and spray it into the air vents on the side of the device.
- Be sure to avoid spraying directly onto any of the internal components.
- Once you’re done, turn on your Macbook and see how it runs.
- With just a little bit of effort, you can keep your Macbook running like new for years to come.
#3. Clean the keyboard and the trackpad with a clean piece of cloth.
Just make sure to use a soft, lint-free cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your Macbook. Gently wipe the cloth over the keyboard and trackpad, going with the grain of the surface. You may need to use a slightly dampened cloth to remove any stubborn dirt or grime. Be sure to dry the surface thoroughly afterwards to prevent any water damage.
#4. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of the laptop.
To use a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of the Macbook:
- Turn off and unplug your Macbook.
- Remove any loose debris from the keyboard and other areas with a soft brush.
- Next, use the vacuum cleaner to gently vacuum the keyboard, being careful not to press too hard and damage the keys.
- Then, vacuum the inside of the Macbook itself, being careful not to touch any sensitive components.
#5. Get a hard drive cleaner to clean the hard drive.
When your Macbook is starting to run slowly, one of the best ways to speed it up is to clean the hard drive. A hard drive cleaner will delete all the unnecessary files and programs that are taking up space on your hard drive. This will free up space and help your Macbook run faster.
#6. Use a computer case cleaner to clean your Mac.
A computer case cleaner is specially designed to clean the delicate surfaces of a computer case without damaging it. Simply spray the cleaner on the surface and wipe it off with a soft cloth.
#7. Get some computer wipes to clean the computer.
Using Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, 75 percent ethyl alcohol wipe, or 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipes, you can gently clean hard surfaces on your Macbook, like the keyboard, display, and other external surfaces.
These wipes are designed to cleanse your Macbook of dirt, dust, and other debris, and they can do a great job of making your computer look like new again.
If you are like most people, your MacBook is filled with crumbs, scraps of paper, and other bits of debris. If you want to keep your MacBook clean and tidy, follow these tips and tricks.